Learning to care for others is very satisfying, and a great confidence boost. First Aid Courses in this region are valid for 3 years, although to retain currency for workplace, and for your own skills update – the CPR component (HLTAID001) needs to be refreshed each 12 months.
The CPR program with SubmersibleHuman – PADI Recognised Training Organisation #6729
For your Senior First Aid certification to remain valid, your CPR is required to be refreshed and a new certificate issued each 12 months.
You will receive a link to the online training manual prior to the course, thereafter yours to keep and reaccess. This manual covers the basics of first aid in many different circumstances. It also has quizzes and evaluation questions, along with a practical skills section you can peruse to see what hands-on skills we will be perfecting in class. At the rear of the manual is an emergency reference guide, so if you are called upon to use your skills, and have a moment of blankness – this can guide you back on track.
We ask that you read the manual, and complete the knowledge reviews, and bring these along to class.
Classroom Theory & Practical
In class we will cover the outlines of the program, review your completed theory ‘homework’ and complete a testing on this knowledge. We will then move onto the practical skills and training.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings. Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines indicate that a CPR qualification should be renewed every 12 months.
• How to properly assess an emergency situation
• DRS ABCD’s
• CPR techniques on adults and infants
• Breathing and cardiac emergencies
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Assessing and moving sick & injured
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider
• Managing shock
The First Aid Equipment You Will Use
SubmersibleHuman will provide barriers, Defibrillation Machines and CPR mannequins hygienically cleaned and sanitised between each course, and barriers for you to use during your training.
SubmersibleHuman has access to training classrooms in Windsor we schedule for use each Tuesday. We can also organise to run on weekends if available – (Minimum two students to run course). For groups of three or more – we can provide a mobile service – providing training in your workplace/location.
Course Investment Includes:
- PADI EFR FAW Online Training program/manual
- 1 day instructional training
- Statement of Attainment certificate upon successful completion of requirements
This course requires each student to have a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number to register attendance on this program. If you are unfamiliar with USIs – please see the links below. Gaining or maintaining your USI does not require payment.
Investment in your First Aid Education – $79
Courses run each Tuesdays at the Windsor classroom. (We can organise weekend use if facilities are available – Minimum 3 students)
Minimum three students to run at workplace designated by clients. Day can be organised to fit your schedule. Please see calendar below for availability of instructor on days other than Tuesday at the Windsor classroom.
For enquiries & next course scheduling, please contact Di at email@example.com