Learning to care for others is very satisfying, and a great confidence boost. First Aid Courses in this region are valid for 3 years, although to retain currency for workplace, and for your own skills update – the CPR component (HLTAID001) needs to be refreshed each 12 months.
Gain knowledge and practical skills in all aspects of first aid management. This course will allow you to provide first aid response, life support, management of patients, bystanders and other first aiders in the workplace or social arena until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This qualification is a recognised Workplace First Aid program, and also a pre-requisite for PADI Rescue Diver and Divemaster programs.
The First Aid At Work program with SubmersibleHuman – PADI Recognised Training Organisation #6729
With knowledge development now able to be completed in advance, the time required in classroom is much reduced from where we were 10 years ago.
The PADI First Aid at Work course is a performance-based course and can be broken down to two main components, providing three individual sections of evaluation.
You will receive a link to the online training manual prior to the course, thereafter yours to keep and reaccess. This manual covers the basics of first aid in many different circumstances.
We ask that you read the manual – sections HLTAID001, HLTAID002 & HLTAID003, complete and print out the knowledge reviews, and bring these along to class.
Classroom Theory & Practical
In class we will review your completed theory ‘homework’ and complete a testing on this knowledge. We will then move onto the practical skills and training.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings. Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines indicate that a CPR qualification should be renewed every 12 months.
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life supportThis unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid. This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings. First Aid qualification should be renewed every 3 years.
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- DRS ABCD’s
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Breathing and cardiac emergencies
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Managing shock
- And more!
The First Aid Equipment You Will Use
SubmersibleHuman will provide barriers, Defibrillation Machines and CPR mannequins hygienically cleaned and sanitised between each course, and barriers for you to use during your training.
SubmersibleHuman has access to training classrooms in Windsor we schedule for use each Tuesday. We can also organise to run on weekends if available – (Minimum two students to run course). For groups of three or more – we can provide a mobile service – providing training in your workplace/location.
Course Investment Includes:
- PADI EFR FAW Online Training program/manual
- 1 Day instructional training
- Statement of Attainment certificate upon successful completion of requirements
This course requires each student to have a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number to register attendance on this program. If you are unfamiliar with USIs – please see the links below. Gaining or maintaining your USI does not require payment.
Investment in your First Aid Education – $159
Courses run each Tuesdays at the Windsor classroom. (We can organise weekend use if facilities are available – Minimum 3 students)
Minimum three students to run at workplace designated by clients. Day can be organised to fit your schedule. Please see calendar below for availability of instructor on days other than Tuesday at the Windsor classroom.
For enquiries & next course scheduling, please contact Di at firstname.lastname@example.org